Ginisang repolyo or Sautéed cabbage is one of those easy to make dishes and doesn’t require much time to prepare and cook.
Recipe Ingredient Notes
Cabbage – You only need half the head of cabbage for this recipe. You can chop or slice the cabbage according to your preference.
Shrimp – The shells need to be removed. You can have it deveined or not. You can also keep the tails if you prefer. You can replace shrimp with tofu, chicken, beef, bacon, pork, or liver. For variations, you can also combine 2-3 different meat ingredients.
Fish sauce – You can use soy sauce if fish sauce is not available.
Wok or large pan
Why this recipe works
- Quick and easy recipe for busy people.
- Healthy food choice.
How to Store
Place in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
What to Serve with
You can eat this dish by itself or you can consume it with rice or dinner rolls.
- Taste the dish first before adding the salt. The oyster sauce and fish sauce are already salty and might be enough without adding the salt.
Frequently Asked Questions
I suggest you cook the bacon first, until slightly brown, then remove the excess fat. You need to leave a small amount of fat to use with step 1 (see recipe card).
If you want a meatless dish, do not include shrimp.
If you are unable to use shrimp, you can consider replacing it with different meat.
Other Recipes You Might Also Like
Ginisang Repolyo (Sautéed Cabbage)
- Wok or large pan
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1- or 1.5-pounds shrimp shelled and deveined
- ½ head of cabbage chopped or sliced into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce divided
- 1 sweet pepper chopped or sliced
- ⅛ ground black pepper
- Salt if needed
- Marinate the shrimp with 1 teaspoon of the oyster sauce. Let it stand for 5 minutes. You don’t have to do this step if you do not want to. I like to marinate the shrimp because it adds flavor to the shrimp.
- Sauté onion and garlic in a wok or pan for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cabbage, fish sauce, and the remaining oyster sauce and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sweet peppers, ground black pepper. Add salt if needed. You can turn the heat off immediately after adding the sweet peppers so that it’s not over cooked.
- Serve and enjoy.
- You can replace shrimp with tofu, chicken, beef, bacon, pork, or liver. For variations, you can also combine 2-3 different meat ingredients.
- You can use soy sauce if fish sauce is not available.